
This is dedicated to my husband, Theron, (who never reads this blog unless I tell him to) and who is turning 32 today! Theron, I'm amazed at how much my love and appreciation grows for you each year. This year I will tell you 32 reasons, one for each year of your life, why I love you! Get ready to blush:
1. You always try to make me feel better when I am down.
2. You love your family, extended included, like a lioness loves her cubs (to death, if necessary).
3. You always say/try to be a better husband even though you're practically perfect already.
4. You read to my belly every night so the baby will know you well when she's born.
5. You are an excellent cook and I can count of you to make meals for me at least 5 days out of the week.
6. You are already an excellent dad to our dogs and I know you will be for our children as well.
7. You accept me as I am.
8. You always let me do exactly what I want (for better or worse).9. Everyone who meets you makes sure to let me know how wonderful they think you are.
10. You are very handsome ;)
11. You get very excited and passionate about your hobbies.
12. You want to make this world a better place.
13. You're smart--and more than just book-smart.
14. You have a fun sense of humor.
15. You can laugh at yourself while still thinking the world of yourself.
16. You offer and give me more massages than I ever have for you.
17. You work hard at your jobs.
18. You always tell me how gorgeous I am, even if I've just woken up with makeup smears, stinky breath, and am wearing a sports bra that gives me a uni-boob.
19. You help me see the best in myself.
20. You've allowed me to blossom and continue to grow into the person I have always had the potential to be but never saw.
21. You stick by me and all my hair-brained ideas.
22. You have an eclectic taste in music and movies so we get to enjoy a variety of activities together.
23. You always want me by your side.
24. You compromise very well even through your and my stubbornness.
25. You can't keep a secret for the life of you.
26. You are honest to a fault (with me).
27. You are helpful around the house so I don't have to be as stressed.
28. You let me 'teach' you things so my neurotic-ism stays at bay (ie. 'learning' how to fold towels).
29. You like to explore and try new things.
30. You keep me a bit more grounded than I would be without you.
31. You teach me new things daily (and even though it might not seem like I'm listening, I am).
32. You are yang to my yin and bring balance to my life.
I hope this tells you how much I love you. Thank you for everything you do, everything that you are, and everything that you strive to be. Happy Birthday, my love, I hope this year is the best yet!
I would also like to mention another wonderful man in my life, my father. It is also his birthday today and I know I married such a wonderful man because of his example. The way he is as a man, husband, and father are exemplary and everything a man should strive to be. I love you, daddy! Happy birthday!


3 comments:
My favorite part of this post was #18... Uniboob. I laughed really hard. I'm greatful that Theron has done such a good job keeping you happy. You both have been there for me in a time in my life I'll never be proud of. So happy birthday to Theron, and thanks to both of you for being such wonderful people and friends and taking care of me when I needed it. I know you will both make wonderful parents. :) lots of love, Katy
Happy Birthday big brother! Melissa I'm so glad you're my sister, and that my brother found such a wonderful woman to marry. I love and miss you both!
This makes me happy! Melissa, I am glad that you found such a great man because you are such an amazing woman and you deserve your equal. Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment