Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

08 June 2009

Forks, Alaska, Seattle, Etc...

Boy, what a trip!! We got back from our vacation just last night, and I'm such a good person to be posting the pictures already, aren't I? I'll post most of them and give you a little info about each spot. Enjoy! *P.S. please ignore all the spelling and grammatical errors. I'm trying to get this done fast because I'm now very sick of doing it. Thank you*

This one might be just a bit obvious, but one of our first stops on our trip after the Port Angeles Wal-Mart was La Push! Had to see where all those werewolf boys live!!



We went to First Beach, famous in the books Twilight where Jacob and Bella spend most of their time. Boy was it a gorgeous beach, and so full of flat skipping rocks!


Jacob and Bella's driftwood log perhaps?! You can't see it but it looks like we're sitting on a little chair out of the tree so we thought this was a good one.


Hmm, can you guess what scene in the movie this is?


La Push forest

Second Beach was also gorgeous. This is the place in the books where they go to look at the tide pools.


Tide pool with urchin (that's the green thing)


Cool misty rocks/islands


TONS of sea stars and urchins on this rock


A closer up view of the orange and purple sea stars


Very cool green and mossy bit of forest


More moss


Very cute 'kissing tree'


Ahhh!! Who's jealous now?


Forks really wasn't that impressive at all. Actually I thought it was quite ugly.


When we got to Forks Dad was seemingly lost even with his GPS system of where we were supposed to be. But when we found out he was tricking us this is what our hotel looked like...


Cute huh? Now you want the really cool news!?


This, and yes, this exact house "A Cozy River House II" is where Stephanie Myers stays on her visit to Forks. :D


It was chock full of cool things like 10 beds, a full kitchen, wash room, 2 bathrooms, grill, game closest, fishing rods, a stream out back, fire burning pit, and so much more! This was the neatest little place and we all will be going back.


The river out back


This is a cool one. The LARGEST spruce tree in the known world!!


Yeah, that's what the sign says at least


Look at how tiny we are on it!


At last, on the ship! We had to wait forever to get our lugage checked on but it sure was worth it!


View of Seattle from one of the decks


On one of the decks they had a HUGE chess board so me and Theron and my sisters decided to play a game! I think that Megan (on left) is the knight, Theron (in middle) is the queen, and Heather (on right) is the bishop. Reminiceint of Harry Potter?


Megan and me collaborating our next move



But in the end Theron and Heather won!



At times the decks would get so windy you felt like you were blowing away!


There was a climbing wall too!


Yes, I did make it to the top!


Anyone wonder what a cruise ship cabin looks like?! Well, here's the bathroom


And the shower


Another view of the shower


The bed (the rooms do get a little cozy)


View from top left corner of bed


View from top right corner of bed


Jeanu!


More Jeanau mountains


Mendenhall Galcier in Jeanau


Icebergs, Theron, and Mendenhall Glacier!


And again, this thing was gorgeous, and massive


Very large waterfall right next to glacier


The waterfall looking like it wants to swallow me and Theron up in it's great watery depths


Me with icebergs in the frigid glacial waters


Theron holding part of an iceberg


The whole thing. It sure was pretty


The city of Jeanau wasn't much. It was small, and kind of cute. There were a lot of people there because there were three cruise ships docked at the ports


We just had to stop and get some Alaskan fudge!


There's a mouse in our bed!


This is in Skagway (actually it used to be spelled Skaguay). It was a VERY small mining town with a population of only 800! Again, because there were three cruise ships docked the town was very crowded. Theron and I figured that we increased the town's population by 10 times!!!


Oh my heavens! We stopped in their little "museum" and found this old bag of flour. You might not be able to read the whole thing but it says "Whole What Flour"...wow, I got a good laugh out of that one.


Bear at the museum trying to attack me. I'm so glad it wasn't real


Dad and Mom Jeffrey remembered a hike they took in Skagway to a little lake. They said it was a nice flat hike so it would be okay to wear sandals and hot clothing. They were WRONG! It was sharp, steep and jagged rocks the whole way up. So, here's a little view overlooking the city


Here's the brown lake that we died hiking up to. It was a pretty cool echoing area though!


This was a neat building. You probably can't see very well but it has driftwood all over it! It was kind of like a club house for some of the richer gold miner men.


Mountains in Skagway


Now there's a snake in our bed! I'll eat his eyes out


This is Glacier Bay! It's such a small area that only one cruise ship at a time can be in it. We stopped at two glaciers. They are very cool to get close up to


More frigid glaciers


More


It looks like a penguin slid off the glaciers and found it's way onto our bed!


This is Ketchikan, a very fishy town. It was pretty cool though. Theron especially liked it.


Ketchican mountains


Our little anniversay dinner!


Ignore my ugly face in the picture, but does anyone else think that this wording is weird?


Victoria Canada! Oh my heavens what a beautiful place! I've never seen so many pretty gardens and trees and flowers everywhere! This is hotel "The Empress"


The Victorian Parliment buildings are in the background


Ships in Victoria


Theron had to do a social experiement for class. He had to do something outside of his gender role. So we put a lovely neckalace on him. I think he wore it for a total of 7 minutes


Pikes Market was the NEATEST "farmers market"I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. All of the beautiful bouquets behind me were only 10 dollars!!!


This was the cool fish place where they throw fish around. They had so much great looking fresh sea food


And some not so good looking fresh sea food. Actually, Theron and I ate some monkfish on our cruise and really liked it. Then, when I saw what it looked like I wanted to vomit


And speaking of vomiting this was the sickest stretch of wall I've ever seen! People have made a gum collage out of this little alley way wall


We didn't want to pay for parking to take a picture of the space needle so we parked in a near by McDonald's and took a picture. We had to buy some ice cream though so we didn't get ticketed.


This bridge was about to crash down on us in the middle of the road


Skyline of seattle! See the Space Needle by Theron's left ear?


I thought this was a hilarious name for an apartment complex, and for Theron's head

That's it. Of course there are a lot more pictures taken by family memebers and still lots more I didn't post but this post has already taken me a couple hours so I'm done for now. You may all now be jealous!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you guys had fun!!! I enjoyed living vicariously through you for the last 30 minutes lol...

Richard and Katie Hartman.... said...

Wow...everything looked amazing! Man, I'm jealous, I have a feeling we wont be going on a vacation for quite sometime now that we have Tyler:( I'm glad you guys had so much fun though!

Aly Porter said...

Just so you know....I am completely JEALOUS!! Way way way way way jealous! Looks like you had soooo much fun! So, I really miss you Missy! (I haven't called you that in a long long time! lol!) I've been thinking a lot about you lately. We really need to get together when we move k? Glad you had such a great time! Love you!

JAG said...

What a freakin sweet vacation!! I'm SO jealous! And I'm wondering when we're going to hang out!