Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

24 July 2011

Finally, an Update!

Our computer broke awhile back so we haven't been able to post any of our precious little girl. So now I have to try to update you all on a few of the highlights that have been happening the past couple months.
Her two month facts:
Adelia started sleeping in 3 1/2-5 hours stretches during the night. A few times she even slept for 7+ hours!
Adelia started smiling daily though it was really hard to capture on camera.
Adelia follows people around the room with her eyes, especially her mommy and daddy.
Adelia loves lying in her bassinet and watching her Winnie the Pooh mobile. She follows the characters with her eyes as long as she can until it's out of sight and then follows the next.
Adelia loves listening to people sing to her. One of her favorite songs is "Edelweiss" from "The Sound of Music" (I think it's because I sang that to her while she was still in utero).
Adelia gets incredibly fussy if you take her bottle away from her for even just a second to wipe her face--this girl likes her food!

Adelia's 3 month facts:
Adelia now weighs 9 lbs 14.5 oz and is 22 inches long!
Adelia coos all the time and makes really fun, loud squealing sounds.
Adelia has been sleeping through the night for 6-8 hour stretches! When she wakes up, usually around 4-5, I just put her in bed with me and she nurses a little and then we fall back asleep together for another 2 hours.
Adelia loves sitting in her bouncy chair. She kicks her legs so her chair will bounce.
Adelia loves putting things in her mouth. Mostly it's just clothes, burp cloths, and blankets.
Adelia has been doing much better with breast feeding. I'm still not producing enough for her exclusive feed but we still get that bond time.


Adelia is such a good baby! She rarely fusses but even when she does how could we possibly be annoyed with her (look at that face!!)
Daddy likes to read to Adelia and Adelia likes to be read to. Here they are reading a classic!
Our little frog...

Of course now she is almost four months old and I will have to post again in a few days. We're really happy she's gained so much weight--she just looks so much healthier. I'm also so happy she's breast feeding again it was my goal to breast feed my babies. We just love being parents. Adelia sure knows how to light up a room with her beautiful smiles and happy cooing.

4 comments:

Diana said...

So glad your computer is working again . . . good to see the pics and see the developmental facts! Can't wait to hold her again in person! Love you guys!

Richard and Katie Hartman.... said...

What a cutie pie! wish I could hold her. Glad we have skype even if my boys are crazy. Love you all!

Unknown said...

Melissa I just love her!! She is super cute. :) Thanks for the update!!

Rachel said...

She is so adorable! So fun to see what she's up to!